I coach the U15s
1. How long have you been involved with Belfast Swifts, as a player or coach?
Since September 2018 - started as coach with u13 team.
2. What made you get involved with coaching at Belfast Swifts?
I started to play football myself at 7 years old safe to say it was my first love lol. I went on to coach young boys as a youth worker and absolutely love working with young people. But how could I pass the opportunity to be involved in an ALL GIRLS football team. Best decision I ever made and love being part of the Super Swifts family.
3. What is your ‘go to’ drill?
4. What drill do your girls love the most?
2 v 2 or 3 v 3, anything that let's them get competitive.
4. What is your most used saying at training or matches?
Mark up Girls or Come on Girls, first to the ball everytime!!
5. What is your favourite thing about coaching our girls?
They are an amazing bunch of girls, crazy at times and definitely like to keep me on my toes lol but sure I wouldn't change them. Best kids about!
6. What is the one thing you never leave the house without?
My phone and my glasses (otherwise ill see nothing.)
7. What four people (alive or dead) would you have round for dinner and why?
Jock Stein - just so I could hear all the amazing stories of Celtic's journey to Lisbon. My football bestie - my Wee Daddy because he would be raging if he missed a dinner with big Jock. My Wee Granny Gourley - my number one fan who carried my trophies home after all my awards nights and was just the best wee woman EVER!!! JK Rowling because I'm a totally Harry Potter Geek plus she is such a successful woman!
8. What is your favourite meal?
9. What is your biggest Phobia?
10. If you had a one-way ticket to go anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
Glasgow - Celtic Park.... My favourite place in the whole world.
11. Who is your biggest hero/inspiration?
My Mummy - she dedicated her life to working with young people and has been such an inspiration to so many kids through her years in youth work and now as a Special Needs Classroom assistant. She has always shown me that hard work and dedication pays off. Always putting our family first. She's one woman for all women & in her famous words, "The Hand That Rocks The Cradle Rules The World."