Mini’s and Under 8’s
1. How long have you been involved with Belfast Swifts, as a player or coach?
2 years as a Senior Player
6 months as a coach
2. What made you get involved with coaching at Belfast Swifts?
When I decided to stop playing at Senior level I was approached to help out with the mini’s. I’ve introduced my 6 year old daughter to the club and wanted to help continue the ‘Swifts Family’ ethos.
3. What is your ‘go to’ drill?
Handball passing game
4. What drill do your girls love the most?
Cat & Mouse
5. What is your most used saying at training or matches?
6. What is your favourite thing about coaching our girls?
Watching their confidence building each week and seeing their determination in matches.
7. What is the one thing you never leave the house without?
These days it’s a mask
8. What four people (alive or dead) would you have round for dinner and why?
Megan Rapinoe - USA women’s captain: to hear her stories about winning the World Cup and the campaign for equal pay.
P!nk - to provide the musical entertainment
Nelson Mandela - for his inspiration to change the world
Gino Di Campo - he can cook for us and he’s funny.
9. What is your favourite meal?
Chicken Tikka Biryani
10. What is your biggest Phobia?
Don’t really have one but not fond of rats.
11. If you had a one-way ticket to go anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
South America to experience the food & culture.
12. Who is your biggest hero/inspiration?
Both my grandmothers, always humble, kind, generous and never had a bad word to say about anyone. Hopefully watching over me now.