I coach the under u11s.
1. How long have you been involved with Belfast Swifts, as a player or coach?
Been a coach for a couple of years now.
2. What made you get involved with coaching at Belfast Swifts?
Both my daughters Lauren and Emma joined the club, so I started lifting a few cones to help out. I got a bit more involved when one of the lead coaches left.
3. What is your ‘go to’ drill?
Pass and move drill...with shooting at the end.
4. What drill do your girls love the most?
Girls seem to love 1 on 1s drills and of course the match at the end of training.
5. What is your most used saying at training or matches?
Prob 3 things i say before and during most matches- find space, work hard, have fun.
6. What is your most used saying at training or matches?
Seeing the wee bonds the girls make with each other and watching their skills develop over time. I am always impressive with how much effort our girls put in and how much they enjoy playing. They like winning too particularly when playing boys.
7. What is your favourite thing about coaching our girls?
I can’t remember I've been in lockdown so long!
8. What four people (alive or dead) would you have round for dinner and why?
Diego Maradona- my footballing idol
Marilyn Monroe- for her interesting stories
Bear Grills - organise some challenges after dinner
Elvis - for music
9. What is your favourite meal?
10. What is your biggest Phobia.
Defo heights- I did a bungie jump but I nearly had a heart attack doing it.
11. If you had a one-way ticket to go anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
South Africa - swim with great whites in a cage and go on safari.
12. Who is your biggest hero/inspiration?
Prob my dad. Always had me out doing some sort of sport/exercise from a young age. Give me my love all sports.