I coach the U8’s.
1. How long have you been involved with Belfast Swifts, as a player or coach?
I have been involved from the start as a coach at different age groups and as chairperson, for my sins.
2. What made you get involved with coaching at Belfast Swifts?
I think getting kids involved in sports is one of the best things you can do for a child. The skills they gain not just physically but the friendships, confidence and social skills they learn are invaluable. I also love the fact that we are giving girls the same opportunities that boys get in football.
3. What is your ‘go to’ drill?
King of the ring
4. What drill do your girls love the most?
Anything that involves 1v1’s - they are so competitive - even at u8!
5. What is your most used saying at training or matches?
Find SPACE or please stop doing cartwheels!
6. What is your favourite thing about coaching our girls?
They are such good fun, after a stressful day at work, they never fail to put a smile on your face and the funny things they tell you about their parents (beware they tell us everything lol!).
7. What is the one thing you never leave the house without?
My phone and these days a mask.
8. What four people (alive or dead) would you have round for dinner and why?
My husband Jonathan, don’t know what I’d do without my sidekick. Peter Kay because he would keep us all amused. Alex Ferguson because I’m sure he would have some interesting stories. Emily Pankhurst because she was someone who stood up for what she believed in and paid the ultimate price!
9. What is your favourite meal?
10. What is your biggest Phobia?
Mice - bloody hate them!
11. If you had a one-way ticket to go anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
A desert island with no technology - need a rest.
12. Who is your biggest hero/inspiration?
My mum who has always taught me that anything men can do, women can do 100 times better! And to always stand up for what you believe in.